How to Clean Your Vehicle’s Floors
Taking care of your car’s carpet and floor mats can make a huge difference in the overall appearance of the vehicle. Dirt, crumbs and trash can easily accumulate on the floor of your car. Fortunately, cleaning car mats and carpeting is a simple element of auto detailing that you can do on your own.
Tips on How to Clean Vehicle Carpet Stains Quickly and Easily
1. Before you begin, remove any objects lying on the carpet. Make sure to pick up all important small objects and loose change. Your car floors should be as empty as possible before you begin cleaning.
2. You should also take out the floor mats and shake off any dirt or crumbs. Then, vacuum the entire carpet with a handheld vacuum. Be sure to vacuum under the pedals, under and around the seats, and in any other crevices.
3. Once the floor is completely free of dirt and debris, you can focus on the carpet. Search for any stains or spills, and try diluting the spill with a small amount of cold water and blot it with a towel. For best results, use the best vehicle carpet stain remover, the TechCare® Carpet Cleaner with SpotTech. The TechCare® Carpet Cleaner with SpotTech is a premium cleaner formulated to remove the most difficult carpet and upholstery stains. It is also the perfect solution for getting those unsightly salt stains out of your vehicle carpet.
4. For most effective results, treat stains immediately after noticing. Start by testing a small area for colorfastness. If color is affected, do not use. Spray entire area with TechCare® Carpet Cleaner until damp. Blot or rub area with a clean damp cloth, rinsing out cloth as required. If necessary, repeat until stain is completely removed. Avoid rings by cleaning the entire section where the stain occurred. Do not mix TechCare® Carpet Cleaner with bleach or use with any other household cleaner.
5.Pro Tip: The absolute best way to prevent vehicle carpet stains is by perfectly lining your vehicle’s floors with WeatherTech® FloorLiners – laser-measured to ensure full floor coverage. They always say, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!"
Clean Your Vehicle’s Floor Mats with These 2 Simple Steps
1. First, remove the mats from the vehicle, clear off any dirt or debris, and then vacuum the mats with a handheld vacuum. Then, spray with TechCare® FloorLiner and FloorMat Cleaner which quickly removes even the most stubborn spots from coffee, oil, grease and ink from virtually any material or surface. Its environmentally-friendly biodegradable formula lifts and removes scuff marks, dirt, sand and other messes from your floor mats without compromising your floor mat's quality and finish.
2. For preventative care, TechCare® FloorLiner and FloorMat Protector helps prevent stains and repels liquids caused by hot coffee, soda spills, food, pet stains and everyday dirt and mud. The Protector adds a strong and durable anti-slip finish to your floor mats that resists stains and everyday wear and tear.
Sometimes auto detailing can be a tedious and difficult task. However, washing the floor of your car should be a stress-free and simple process if you follow the right steps for cleaning your vehicle’s carpet. Overall, a clean car carpet can make your whole car feel cleaner and fresher, making the time you spend driving much more enjoyable.