Big Game Dog and Cat Treats
Super Bowl® parties aren't JUST for humans anymore. Meow your four-legged friends will be barking up a storm after they get a taste of Scout's homemade dog and cat treats. First up for the pups are Peanut Butter Bites with dog-friendly icing. Then, for the fancy felines are Cheesy Cat Treats.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Bites for Dogs
1 1/4 cups tapioca flour (if you’re using a different type of flour, more water may be necessary to form your dough)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup warm water
Ingredients for Dog-Friendly Icing
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2-3 tsp low fat milk (use as needed to thin icing)
Preparation Instructions: For the Dog Peanut Butter Bites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together tapioca flour and baking powder.
4. Add egg and peanut butter to dry ingredients and stir.
5. Slowly add in warm water and stir until a dough forms. Fold dough into a smooth ball.
6. Sprinkle extra flour onto counter top or onto a piece of parchment paper.
7. Roll out the dough until it is approximately ¼" – ½" thick. Use football shaped cookie cutter (or any other desired cookie cutter shape of your choosing).
8. Once your shapes are cut, move them to your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 18 minutes. Recipe makes 15-30 cookies depending on your cookie cutter size.
Preparation Instructions: For the Dog-Friendly Icing
1. Whisk together yogurt and tapioca flour in a small bowl to thoroughly combine.
2. Mix in milk a teaspoon at a time until it is the desired decorating consistency.
3. Decorate or dip the cooled dog treats and place on wax paper until dry to touch.
Ingredients for Cheesy Cat Treats
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour, have an additional 1/4 cup for rolling and shaping dough
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
Preparation Instructions: for Cheesy Cat Treats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine all of the ingredients into a dough.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll into a circle until dough is about 1/4" thick, adding additional flour if the dough is sticky.
5. Use cookie cutters to make shapes or cut into 1" squares, and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Store leftover treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
We’re serving our snacks in the American Made, NSF certified stainless steel bowls from our Weathertech Feeding Systems. These bowls are free of toxins and safe for human use. Get your pet a WeatherTech Feeding System today.