WeatherTech knows the ins and out of protecting the interior of your vehicle. Which is exactly why we sell more than just one kind of vehicle floor mat. However, all too often we hear the question; what’s the difference between FloorLiners and All-Weather Mats? WeatherTech’s FloorLiners, 3D Floor Mats, and All-Weather Mats all offer their own unique benefits and one might be more beneficial for your climate and vehicle than the other. Keep reading below to see how FloorLiners, 3D Floor Mats and All-Weather Mats compare!
WeatherTech FloorLiner Features:
- Laser measured and custom fit for every vehicle make and model.
- Raised outer edge protects front, back and sides of your vehicle’s footwell. Messes stay on the liner and off your carpet!
- Patented High-Density Tri-Extruded material provides strength and durability. Won’t break down in extreme weather.
- Custom channeling carries liquid messes away from clothing/footwear.
- Lower reservoir keeps messes contained.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Specially designed retention systems work with manufacturer’s hardware to keep FloorLiners in place.
Starting Price: $79.95
The WeatherTech FloorLiner
is the most advanced concept in vehicle floor protection. FloorLiners are laser measured and custom designed to fit perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle, and protects not only the bottom but also rises up to protect the sides, the front and back of your vehicle’s footwell. This raised outer edge allows the FloorLiner to capture and hold mud, snow, sleet, rain, salt and any other weather related messes without any damage occurring to your vehicle’s carpet.
Bad weather can wreak havoc on not only the exterior of your vehicle but the interior as well. That’s precisely the reason why FloorLiners are created using a patented High-Density Tri-extruded (HDTE) material. This material features a rigid core, helping to strengthen the product allowing your floor liners to stand up to any mess you can throw at them. That same rigid core strength also prevents floor liners from cracking, warping or breaking down in extreme temperatures.
Each and every FloorLiner features custom channels molded into the surface. These channels carry liquid messes away from your footwear and clothing and trap them into a lower reservoir. This lower reservoir was engineered to minimize movement while the vehicle is in motion, so the mess stays put until you’re ready to clean it out.
Speaking of cleaning, FloorLiners were made to be as easy-to-clean as possible. Just remove the FloorLiner, dump out the mess, rinse it off and once dry just place it right back into your vehicle. For heavier messes we recommend using the TechCare FloorLiner and FloorMat Cleaner/Protector Kit
. The TechCare Cleaner lifts away dirt and sand for easy rinsing and dissolves heavier stains such as oil, grease and grime. The TechCare Protector gives your FloorLiners a "like new" long-lasting appearance, and makes future cleaning and maintenance much easier!.
WeatherTech 3D Floor Mat Features:
- Digitally laser measured and custom fit for your vehicle's specific make and model.
- 3 Dimensions of coverage! Raised outer edge protects the bottom, front, back and sides of your vehicle’s footwell.
- Advanced rubber-like Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) compound is flexible, durable and won’t break down in extreme weather.
- Specially designed, manufacturer friendly retention systems and anti-skid texturing lock 3D Floor Mats in place.
- Advanced surface designs carry away fluids and dirt, trapping them in the lower reservoir.
- Easy to clean.
Starting Price: $69.95
WeatherTech’s 3D Floor Mats
combine some of the best parts of the FloorLiner with the material rubber-like material used to create the All-Weather Mats. Just like the Floor Liner, 3D Floor Mats are laser measured and custom fit for every make and model currently available. 3D Floor Mats also feature a partially raised edge around their perimeter, so the bottom, front, back, and sides of your carpet are kept safe and secure.
Engineered for durability, 3D Floor Mats are made from an advanced rubber-like Thermoplastic Elastomer. This material is virtually odorless, contains no latex or harmful PVCs. It’s also free of lead and cadmium, and is 100% recyclable. The TPE used in 3D Floor Mats allows them to be much more flexible and malleable when compared to the material used in Floor Liner. Allowing them to be draped over the bottom and sides of your vehicle’s footwell, and providing a secure and perfect fit.
3D Floor Mats also feature advanced surface channeling that will carry any liquid messes away from your footwear and clothing into a lower reservoir. The reservoir was designed to contain and trap liquids, and minimized movement while your vehicle is in motion. Ensuring that the mess will stay secured until you’re ready to clean the 3D Floor Mat off.
A non-stick finish on the top side of the 3D Floor Mat helps most messes rinse right off, so keeping these mats clean is quick and easy. Tougher messes such as oil, grease or grime might require a bit more help to clean off, so be sure to check out the TechCare FloorLiner and FloorMat Cleaner/Protector Kit
. Both products will do wonders to keep your mats clean and extend their life!
Weather All-Weather Floor Mat Features:
- Custom fit for various makes and models.
- Deeply sculpted channels trap water, salt, mud, snow and sand.
- Advanced rubber-like Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE), allows you to drape the mats over your vehicle’s footwell.
- Durable and recyclable! This same material stays flexible in the coldest of temperatures.
- Anti-skid texturing lines the underside of the mat, keeping the mat from moving while you’re driving.
- Non-stick finish makes cleanup quick and easy.
- 100% recyclable material!
Starting Price: $56.95
WeatherTech All-Weather Mats
were created to provide the best possible protection for your vehicle’s floor! Featuring an advanced surface design that using deeply sculpted channels that capture water, snow, sleet, salt, mud, sand and any other weather related messes that may wind up tracked into your vehicle. These same channels act as a trap for those weather related messes, making sure they stay locked down and not all over your vehicle’s carpet.
Unlike FloorLiners that are made from a more rigid material, WeatherTech All-Weather Mats are made from a more flexible compound. This advanced rubber-like Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) is virtually odorless, latex-free, contains no harmful PVCs, cadmium or lead and is 100% recyclable. It also allows the All-Weather Mat to be easily draped across the floor of your vehicle’s footwell. All-Weather Mats maintain this flexibility even throughout the coldest of temperatures, so they won’t crack, or break down. Durable and dependable no matter what the seasons can throw at your vehicle’s interior.
Anti-skid texturing lines the bottom of the All-Weather Mat creating surface friction with your vehicle’s carpet, so you can rest assured they won’t slip or slide out of place. On the flip-side, a specialized non-stick coating makes cleaning easy. Just dump the mess out, rinse the mat off and place it right back into your vehicle once dry. For those tougher messes, the TechCare FloorLiner and FloorMat Cleaner/Protector Kit
can work wonders. The cleaner breaks down grease, grime and oil, and the Protector gives your mats a long-lasting "like new" appearance.