Homemade Frozen Peanut Butter "Pupsicle" Dog Treats
Are you looking for the perfect treat recipe for your dog on a hot summer day? Look no further. Frozen Peanut Butter "Pupsicles" is what your dog needs. These healthy and delicious treats will have your dog begging for more. Did I mention, they only take 10 mintues to make?! That's a win for both you and your four-legged family member.
Servings: 12 Treats
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 1/2 Hours
- 5 oz of organic plain unsweetend yogurt
- 1/2 of a medium banana
- 2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter
- 12 organic pretzel sticks
- Add the yogurt, banana and peanut butter to a blender or food processor and puree until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into an ice-cube tray, filling each compartment to the brim.
- Insert one pretzel stick into the center of each compartment. Mixture should be thick enough to hold each pretzel stick upright.
- Place ice-cube tray in freezer until treats are completely frozen, about 1-2 hours.
- Storage: after treats have frozen, they should be stored in a covered airtight container in the freezer (to prevent freezer burn).
Please note, these are all dog-safe ingredients, but some dogs do not process dairy well. If that’s your dog, avoid the yogurt treats, and, as always, consult your vet if you have any questions or concerns about what you’re feeding your pet.
Also, dogs should always be supervised while eating frozen treats. Do not let them wander off with a half-eaten treat as uneaten pieces can melt and stain your carpets. This recipe calls for plain, unsweetened yogurt. DO NOT use yogurt that has been sweetened with xylitol, as it is toxic to dogs.
Always consult your veterinarian before introducing any new ingredients into your pet’s diet.
Serve in a WeatherTech Pet Feeding System for enhanced comfort.
Recipe Source: The Scrumptious Pumpkin via Jen Elizabeth's Jounals